Autism Profiling Tool for Schools
Autism Progress is an observational assessment framework designed to help schools to better understand how a student's autism affects them. Autism Progress is designed to help education and care settings to:
- develop a deeper understanding of how an individual’s autism aects them
- identify the strengths of the individual
- support their growth and personal interests
- emonstrate development in relation to four key areas
- help guide individuals with autism into suitable employment
Autism Progress provides ability-relevant strategies, helping professionals with the design of personalised support plans. Our aim is to help you achieve a better understanding of each individual, to enhance their wellbeing and ultimately enrich their quality of life. Autism Progress can be used to:
- Provide appropriate strategies to support individuals who have a ‘spiky’ developmental profile
- Measure the impact and value of interventions provided to an individual
- Identify the strengths of individuals and to ensure that staff can engage with them in positive and meaningful ways.
Development in the four key areas will help the individual to transfer skills to everyday life and learning experiences. This, in turn, will ultimately enhance their quality of life and improve their chances of finding suitable employment.